Thursday, September 22, 2016

An Orange Chiffon recipe and American Cake on tour

You asked, Cake Mix Doctor listened, and now we introduce a new collection of 10 favorite Bundt and pound cake recipes to bake with any size cake mix. 
View this email in your browser
I have thoroughly enjoyed diving into my American Cake book tour! It has been so meaningful sharing the stories of these great American cakes that I have researched for the past two years. These cakes, in a strange way, seem like my children. I'm fond of all of them, and they have unique strengths and stories.
 

Check out my tour dates, including this Monday, September 25th at Pages: A Bookstore in Manhattan Beach, CA. For a full list of dates, click here
 
I am thrilled to announce that the Bundt Project is complete and ready to share. It is a collection of 10 great Bundt and pound cake recipes to bake this fall and all year long, no matter the size of cake mix you have on hand. And the recipes have been beautifully photographed by photographer Ashley Hylbert.
 
Take a look at the Bundt Project here.
I am offering a discount ($2 off) to Cake Mix Doctor readers and the code is - firstbite. Because you are my loyal readers, you deserve the first bite!
Orange Chiffon Cake

One cake stands out from the rest in American Cake because you could argue that this cake is the most American cake of all - the chiffon. It was invented in the 1920s in Hollywood by a traveling salesman turned pastry chef who baked for the movie stars. His is a fascinating story, and it made him millions in the end because he sold the recipe, but to get all the juicy details, you're going to have to buy a copy of the book!
 
That formula for making chiffon was new and different, and in my book I share the recipe for the Orange Chiffon Cake. But, lucky for you, it is shared here in the Minneapolis Star Tribune. 

American Cake, by Anne Byrn, is now available in stores and online.

Order from Amazon
Share
Tweet
Forward
Pin
Copyright © 2016. The Cake Mix Doctor. All rights reserved.
 






This email was sent to javearjohanes.cakes@blogger.com
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Cake Mix Doctor · P.O. Box 159314 · Nashville, TN 37215 · USA

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites